Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'll pass; I'm good.

When we take the sacrament (like communion) each week, mormons consider it to be symbolic of renewing the covenants we made at baptism, to repent of any sins we committed during the week and start fresh.

So I thought it was pretty funny today when a friend of mine shared that recently her daughter left her speechless as the sacrament was passed to their row. Her daughter quite seriously said,

"I don't need it this week, mom. I'm good."

Can't say I've ever felt that way! I'm always glad each week for a chance to strive to be a little better.

This same daughter believes that we should have chocolate milk and powdered donuts for the sacrament instead of water and bread. Apparently she has mentioned this to our bishop (pastor) multiple times. LOL!

No comments: