Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jivin' July Grats

1. Feeling the baby move. Sometimes every other day, but lately 2-3 times a day. One of the most tender parts of being a mama-to-be. To feel life inside you is indescribable, but we still try because it is so special.

2. Bryce totally getting into being a Wolf Cub Scout, skimming his scout book and then reading and doing portions of it. He is so self-motivated!

3. Jeffrey making the best breakfasts--smoothies are his new passion, and they're pretty yummy.

4. Nathan: "Mommy, the water sounds crooked." Random!

Or, one of his prayers: "Thank Thee for our stuff, and for the things we have, and for more stuff."

Or, a conversation of ours:

Me, at the grocery store, getting out of the van: Come on, Nathan, hurry up!
Nathan: I just want to stay in here. You just go quick.
Me: No. You'd melt! (And by the way, for the record, I don't let him stay while I go in, though he does continue to ask, especially at boring stores like Home Depot or Joanns)
Nathan: What?
Me: You'd melt! It's hot! Come ON!
Nathan: How would I melt?
Me: (Now pulling him out of the van) You would get tired and not have enough water in your body, honey. It's hot!
Nathan: (After a thoughtful pause) Oh, is it a figure of speech?

Too smart, that one. : ) He took me literally at first though. I saw those gears turning at the possibility of humans melting like a crayon on hot pavement.

5. My boys. Did I mention my boys? I love them so much, and thoroughly enjoyed playing "It Came to Pass" with them this evening and reading the scriptures with them. We even enjoy calling Rob on the phone at work and putting him on speaker phone for family prayer since he's often at work when it's bedtime (though of course we would rather he were home.

Anyway, I love my boys' quirky personalities.

Bryce with his go-get-'em attitude (even though the downside of his 100%-involved nature is that when he's mad or upset, he fumes or wails like nothing else for a few minutes), Nathan being sharp as a tack and using his inquisitiveness to figure things out all the time, and Jeffrey's laugh when he finds things funny--he loves a good funny bit, whether it be a joke or a youtube video, a pun, or a family goof, like me (or him!) putting the milk in the cupboard because we're not paying attention.

3 comments:

K-Krew said...

Umm...did I miss something?
Congratulations! That's really exciting. BTW I was so distracted by #1 that I'll have to read the rest of the post another time.
When are you due?

Kimbooly said...

Jan 4th! I'll link back to the post where I announced it. : )

Kimbooly said...

Ok, I linked back to my announcement post--it's #4. : )