Friday, April 3, 2009

What? What did I *DO*??

Whatever I did, it must have been bad. I mean, really, really bad.

Was it the chinese food I picked up for lunch on Saturday, in between selling scout coupon books at the grocery store?
Or the 3 free oz. of frozen yogurt the store next door was advertising? (Peanut butter cup, yum)
Was it the authentic Indian dinner we had with our friends the Aroras on Sat. night? (Parents of twin scouts I used to teach, Akash & Akshay)
Or the chocolate Hershey's bar I dipped into peanut butter for dessert later that night?

It certainly couldn't have been anything after that, because I've hardly touched any real food in 6 days except to swallow down a few bites of toast, applesauce, or banana.

So why is my throat so mad at me? I mean, it's not like he's just irritated or even put out. He is LIVID. He's so mad, he won't get better even with antibiotics, an antibiotic shot, an anti-nausea shot, lots of rest, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, hot baths and ice packs (for my back that flares up when I'm sick).

I know he's spiting me. He sees all the fresh strawberries and watermelon in the fridge, and my favorite Mighty Mango juice.

Sigh.





Next up: How to lose weight, fast! And how to go off sugar with no temptation whatsoever.... (just get the flu and strep throat at the same time)

4 comments:

Teric said...

I'm sorry you got it so bad, sweetheart. :( I wish you could feel better. I don't think I've ever seen you with a sore throat that has lasted this long.

Let me know what I can do to help.

WATGNAT said...

Why is your throat a "he"?

Shelly said...

I'm laughing about your throat being a "he" too. ICK!!! Poor girl.

Kimbooly said...

Lol! What's up with the "he" part? Because of Kev's comment I used up like a WHOLE minute saying "She is mad at me....He is mad at me....It is mad at me...." "HE" still fits.

Interesting topic, though. Please, lurkers, add your thoughts!

Now, I did think it would be pretty funny to say my throat is a "He" because who else would be so spiteful, mocking me with those beautiful strawberries and first fresh watermelon of the season, staring longingly at me from the fridge. But since girls can be pretty spiteful, I'm not going to go down *that* road.